Published: 21/07/2021If you have friends or family members who are moving home, it is natural for you to also want a house move. Some people want to live closer to their loved ones, other people wish to move further away!
There are many moves taking place right now, and if you are interested in joining these people, we can help. We are pleased to say we have helped many movers in, out and around Bromley. If you are looking for guidance in the housing market, please contact BR Estate Agent.
Property portal makes big discoveries about housing market
The survey was carried out by Rightmove between 1st April and 12th April 2021 and 7,803 respondents engaged the study.
Rightmove stated the following highlights of their study:
- More than 700,000 homes are marked Sold Subject to Contract and going through the sales process, the highest number Rightmove has recorded over the past ten years and 78% higher than in May 2019
- New research among buyers expecting to benefit from the stamp duty holiday has found only 4% would abandon their plans to buy a property if they missed either the June or September deadline in England:
- One in four (25%) said they would try to renegotiate the price with the seller
- 13% said they would plan to buy a cheaper home
- 131,000 homes worth over £250,000 were marked Sold Subject to Contract in England between July last year and the end of February and are still trying to complete before the June stamp duty holiday deadline
Are you keen to move some time soon?
Rightmove spoke with people looking to move by September, with the following findings:
- 29% of respondents said they expect to move in time to capitalise on the stamp duty holiday
- The most commonly cited reasons for looking to move include; buying a home with a garden, moving to the coast or the countryside, to move to a bigger home or coming across the ideal property
- 4% of the group who plan on utilising the stamp duty holiday said they would abandon their plans if they missed the relevant deadline
- 53% of respondents said they would carry on as planned
- 25% of respondents said they would look to renegotiate with the seller
- 13% said they would look to buy a cheaper property
If you are looking to make a move in the Bromley property market, and you would like to speak with local experts, please get in touch. If you would like to arrange a property valuation, contact us and we will set this up for you. You can phone your BR Estate Agent on 020 3633 8620 from 9am till 9pm seven days a week or visit our website www.br-estateagent.co.uk for more information.