At BR Estate Agent, our most important task is to help people move. We know there are many reasons why people move home, and ultimately, it doesn’t matter the reason you want to move, we will do our best to assist you.
However, when we know the common reasons people move home, we can use this information to provide people with a better standard of service. This is why we stay in touch with the latest news and studies of the housing market.
Why are you looking to move home?
We know the industry and people’s expectations have changed a lot in recent times, which is another reason why we pay attention to studies which focus on behaviour in the housing market.
GHD, a professional services company, carried out a survey and the findings shine a light on how many people are looking to move, related to the pandemic.
Some of the key findings include:
- Up to 40% of respondents, in the UK, are at the very least considering moving home to a different location
- Of respondents currently living in an urban area, 51% said they were looking to move
- Of respondents currently living in a city centre location, 48% said they were keen to move
- Of the respondents living in a suburban area, 34% have highlighted a desire to move
- Of the respondents living in a rural area, 28% expressed a desire to move
- 34% of respondents expect more remote working following the pandemic
- Of this group, over half didn’t work from home before the pandemic started
We can help you move home quicker
The most commonly cited reasons to move include:
- To have more space to allow easier remote working
- To live in an aera which had cleaner air
- To have better local access to nature
The survey showed people from the UK were more intent on moving than people living in Singapore, New Zealand, Australia, Canada and the United States of America.
The survey spoke more than 8,000 people in these countries, and over 1,000 respondents were based in the UK.
GHD executive director Tim Mawhood spoke about the findings, saying; “At the beginning of 2021, some large cities experienced dips in population, demonstrating the extent to which changing work practices, and the prevalence of online shopping, are increasingly making location a choice for some, since proximity to workplaces and physical shops is now less of a consideration. Early signs already suggest that peri-urban areas are growing in popularity, as some turn their back on living in densely populated city centres in favour of local living. What is certain is that town and city leaders must ensure their regions have a long-term vision for living and operating sustainably in order to attract both businesses and residents.”
If you are looking to make a move in the Bromley property market, and you would like to speak with local experts, please get in touch. If you would like to arrange a property valuation, contact us and we will set this up for you. You can phone your BR Estate Agent on 020 3633 8620 from 9am till 9pm seven days a week or visit our website www.br-estateagent.co.uk for more information.